<back to main site>
|Design Narrative: The purpose of this calculator is to estimate a supply water budget based on active rainwater harvesting. The calculator includes many cells of assumptions (step 4 - 8). These cells are showed as text fileds and changing any assumption cell will affect results. The calculator references rainfall data from Environment Canada.|
|To use this calculator:
1. Enter the areas of your roof in Step 1 below "House", etc. Enter 0 for any areas not used.
2. Select a geographical area in Step 2.
3. Select a type in Step 3 for the efficiency of collection based on the roof types.
4. Modify the values in step 4 - step 8 as you desired or use the default values supplied.
5. Press the "Calculate" button to start computation. Press "Reset" to reset all input values to the default values.
6. The potential average monthly harvests can be read as gallons on the line "TOTALS RWH".
7. The potential average harvests can be read as gallons in the section "Summary for active water harvesting".
8. On the right is a column labelled percent of harvest. This is useful to consider the value of each roof section versus the cost to collect it.